"Better to say nothing and be thought a fool..."

[Abstract/Important] "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - I read this on one of my colleague’s Skype. Made me wonder ‘why do people say this sort of thing?’ and I was reminded, this is something my Dad used to say to me.

I guess some people say this because they believe it to be true. Seems reasonable, maybe that’s why Dad used the phrase. Sometimes people use the phrase because they have nothing better to say – now that’s perverse.

Although not every topic attracts or even deserves debate, I believe that if a debate is offered, one almost has a duty to present one's views. More so, at the risk of saying something foolish, in any debate of weight, whether or not your view is solicited, you must speak up. To do otherwise is indeed foolish.

Comments

  1. Completely agree with you here.If only more people would think like this...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Carving Rings

Using IActiveAware and INavigationAware